While writing content isn’t rocket science, there is a certain level of skill and finesse needed to be a good content writer. Not only does it take the ability to continuously generate interesting, well-written articles but also write in a style which appeals to the audience. Good content writers incorporate consistent habits into their everyday.
If you want to grow your content writing skills, consider incorporating these five daily tasks into your routine:
1. They know how to write killer post titles. No one will read your content if you can’t get them to click on your post. Successful writers know the way to get more readers – an attention-grabbing title.
2. They use online tools. There are many online resources great writers use to help spur ideas as well as make the process of writing easier. Using topic tools such as Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator or Google Trends can help you discover what people want to read about.
3. They consider scannability. Good content writers know the habits of their readers and cater to them. Since most visitors will scan an article before actually reading it, it’s important to include highlighted text and to vary the size and style of font for main topics.
4. They use bulleted lists. Crafting digestible, easy-to-read articles is important and using a bullet list is a great way to accomplish this.
5. They keep it simple. Good content writers keep their writing simple. They use short sentences. They begin and end their articles with the most important topics. They use everyday language to connect with their readers.
When you need effective content written for your business, contact the team at GMS. Our writers are experienced in crafting relevant, quality content for all of your marketing needs. We offer the services needed to help further your advertising efforts.