Search engine optimization still remains one of the best ways to get others to discover your brand through your website. It not only increases a business’s visibility online but can also create more leads and, in turn, more customers. Finding smart strategies for increasing your SEO rankings can lead to increased traffic and better brand awareness. If your current efforts are only leading to disappointment, consider trying some new ways to optimize your site.
Here are 5 steps you can take to get your SEO strategy back on track:
1. Work on quality backlinks. Links that lead back to the site are an important part of any good SEO strategy. Work with your online connections to build better backlinks.
2. Visit Google often for the latest SEO guidelines and tips. Rather than risking being penalized for strategies that go against their established rules, get your SEO advice straight from the source. Use Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide and Webmaster Guidelines.
3. Create content beyond the typical article. Infographics, charts, graphs and video are all types of nontraditional content that is not only SEO-friendly but also tends to attract more quality visitors.
4. Carefully consider all the pages on your website. Pages that are too similar to other ones, are light on content or are of low quality should be removed. They don’t help your efforts and could actually be hurting your rankings.
5. Add a blog to your current website. A blog offers a great way to continuously post fresh content to the site. It also presents an opportunity to attract more people with strategic keyword placement.
Grand Marketing Solutions is a premier Chicago area marketing firm specializing in SEO optimization for clients both large and small. We offer content curation services as well as blog management and website development. For our valued customers, we build strategies that go beyond the generic creating a program unique to their specific needs. Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation