Branding yourself through Facebook is important to any small business wanting to succeed online. With over six billion users, Facebook offers a unique opportunity to reach potential customers both on the local level and across the world. One of the biggest mistakes businesses make when developing their brand on Facebook is focusing too much on the company rather than the fan. When sharing content on social media, it is important to offer them a clear, strong message each and every time.
Focus on these three building blocks to successfully leverage your brand on Facebook:
• Focus on your fans rather than yourself
• Use your Newsfeeds to keep others engaged
• Influence others through Call-to-Action’s
Following these three rules for Facebook marketing success will lead to more brand awareness and a stronger online presence. Driving your message to others, they help you avoid many of the pitfalls that others fall into with their social media strategy.
When branding on Facebook, it is also important to remember these tips:
– Post at times when most of your target audience is likely to be interacting on Facebook. This will ensure they see your message in their newsfeed.
– Sometimes it makes sense to pay for ads to reach more people than through posting alone.
– Know why people like your brand and focus on those traits through the content you share.
– Don’t pigeonhole yourself. Keep your posts appealing to all different types of personalities.
– Offer content that people want to share with others. Your message needs to be inspiring, helpful, or interesting in order for them to want to pass it along to their friends.
– Post with purpose! Your messages should have a clear call-to-action.
At GMS, our team can help you grow your brand through a strong social media presence. We have experience creating fresh, relevant content that engages the audience along with developing strategies for long-term success.