For most small businesses designing the company’s website is no small feat. As the anchor of any successful site, the home page can be one of the most important aspects to consider. A smart, effective page can be instrumental at drawing in visitors and keeping them on your site. A lackluster page though can have the opposite effect deterring others from exploring your brand more.
Make sure you’re sending the right message by following these helpful tips for crafting a stellar home page:
• Put your best foot forward. Home pages should showcase your brand and logo so no one will be able to miss it.
• Consider using visual elements that get attention. This could include video, photo or even animation. Just make sure that they don’t turn off visitors in the process.
• Make navigation intuitive and simple. Visitors shouldn’t have to guess on where to go next. Lay out the pages with clear titles and easy-to-use buttons.
• Market your brand with storytelling. In order for people to trust a brand they need to buy into its story first. Using the right fonts, logo and other site elements help create the powerful message needed to resonate with your visitors.
• Keep the home page appealing using color. While a neutral background is always a good idea, you also want to include some color in your page design. Add splashes of a vibrant hue into the mix.
At Grand Marketing Solutions , we know how important a website’s home page can be to its overall success. If your small business is in need of a website overhaul consider partnering with our expert team. We have helped many clients achieve better results through the strategic planning of their website including using a stronger, more relevant home page.