Quality content is quickly becoming one of the most important activities businesses must include in their marketing campaigns.Â Rolling out worthy content has become an increasingly important way to set your company apart from the rest.Â Here are some reasons why:
- Consumers have a multitude of types of devices on which to access content from tablets to smartphones and other connected gadgets
- The low investment dollars of content production makes it attractive to those looking at the bottom-dollar
- Social media thrives off content feeds fueling their need
In 2014, businesses will need to step up their quality content game to stay relevant to their target audience.Â Driving their message to the consumer, these organizations will need to avoid some of the many traps that others fall into while keeping their writing interesting to those accessing it.
Here are some common content pitfalls to avoid
- Don\’t create content that is too generic.Â While you want to appeal to a wide audience, make sure you keep your writings specific to your industry (and your target customer).
- Avoid advertising more than your inform.Â Consumers are become increasingly less interested in the promotional sales pitch and prefer a more simplistic, direct approach.
- Don\’t make your content hard to read.Â Keep your content platform responsive providing a great user experience no matter how the information is opened.
- Steer clear of boring content.Â Engaging your readers is one of the most important battles to win.Â Intriguing titles, astounding facts, and personal experiences all add to better content.
At GMS, our team can help you avoid many of these content traps.Â We have experience providing quality content that helps promote reader involvement leading to increased sales and better brand awareness.Â Keeping your information fresh and relevant is one of our expertise.
by Katie Zurawski