Are you being smart in how you approach your company’s social media efforts? It’s easy to begin with great intentions and then get lost in the vastness of the online world. Wasting time and energy, we lose focus on social media’s true purpose: attract new customers and interact with existing ones while building the brand online.
To keep your social media efforts on track while making the best use of your time, it is important to develop a social media routine. This may be based on a daily, weekly, or even monthly schedule depending on your unique needs.
Here are a few productive tasks to include in your social media routine:
– Take time to promote blog posts, promotional news, and other content on your website or other social media profiles.
– Keep key business listings such as mailing address and hours of operation current.
– Customers value two-way communication. Interact with them online by responding to messages, comments, and inquiries.
– Regularly visit 2-3 other industry-related groups to stay updated on the latest news and to join in on discussions when warranted.
– When researching for a blog or article post, set a time limit. It’s easy to start jumping from one site to another without accomplishing much.
– Use reporting tools to track the impact of your efforts.
If you find yourself behind on your social media efforts or dreading the task week after week, hire a professional to do the work for you. Grand Marketing Solutions is a full-service marketing firm catering to businesses both large and small. Whether you need us to fully implement the program or simply supplement your content, we have programs to fit every need.