Want part in the nation’s fastest-growing social network? Touting more than 100 million active users daily, Snapchat has gained wide popularity among a large subset of the American population. For small businesses, this can mean a tremendous opportunity for one-on-one engagement with their audience. But is investing in this platform worth the effort?
Here are a few pros and cons of using Snapchat as part of your marketing campaign:
– Because the snap disappears once viewed, recipients are often solely-focused on its message.
– This platform lends itself easily to storytelling. Use snaps to tell a story to your followers.
– Offers a great opportunity to connect with the Generation Y group, the most frequent subset on the site.
– In a world of “Me too!” few small businesses are directly using Snapchat which could help your business stand out on the platform.
– Data tracking can be extremely difficult to accomplish making measuring your efforts more tricky.
– Snaps are only available for 1 to 10 seconds after they are opened.
– This application uses no hashtags or search features making it tough for others to discover your content.
Deciding on whether Snapchat is the right marketing solution for your needs is dependent on both personal preference as well as the industry you are in. Those who have been most successful using this application are ones which take advantage of its unique features. They use creativity and resourcefulness to harness the power of a limited access message.
If you would like to explore more of your Snapchat marketing options, the team at Grand Marketing Solutions is here to help. We offer our clients a wide-range of marketing services from website development to digital app campaigns and more. Our reputation as a solutions partner has made us one of the leading marketing firms throughout the Chicagoland area.