Grand Marketing Solutions recently partnered with a prominent chimney service firm to help them build a more mobile responsive website. The results: skyrocketing conversion rates and increased profits.
Mobile Responsive design is a method of structuring websites in ways that respond to the user’s device and behavior by adjusting to their platform, screen size, and orientation. It also focuses on incorporating intuitive layouts and formats to meet the tech-savvy visitor’s expectations. Businesses find responsive web design especially important to growing their online presence while converting mobile visits into sales. Their strategies often include integrating easy-to-navigate pages and customizable forms without the need to build and maintain multiple websites.
As one of the most innovative marketing firms in the Chicago area, Grand Marketing Solutions is often called upon to develop new solutions for the ever-changing world of online marketing. This particular client already had a robust website but little in the form of mobile responsive design. Their goal was to generate higher conversion rates by implementing a more user-friendly experience across a wide-range of devices.
After discussing with the customer their current marketing strategies, the team at Grand Marketing Solutions recognized a huge missed opportunity in the company’s mobile solutions platform. Since many customers were visiting their site while on-the-go, the need for easier navigation, better screen resolution, and flexible contact forms across a number of devices was at the forefront of the strategy the firm implemented. The plan also included efforts to facilitate greater conversion optimization. After implementation, historical data was gathered from the following traffic subsets: Direct, Email, Organic, and Referral. This data was tracked from Dec. 2013 – Apr. 2014 and compared to the same time period one year prior. The Results After implementing the responsive web design strategy, the results were astounding. Not only did the customer see the number of mobile sessions increase from 8,911 to 9,141, they also experienced a huge upsurge in other facets of their marketing campaign as well:
• Over 15% Reduction in Bounce Rates: Visitors were 15.72% more likely to visit another page on the website rather than exiting the site completely.
• Increased Pages Visited per Session: Due to the responsive design’s ease of navigation, the average pages visited per session jumped from 2.23 to 2.5 equating to a 23% increase.
• A 17% Jump in Avg. Session Duration: Users stayed on the company’s site longer. Their average session duration soared from 1:34 min. to 1:50 min.
• Conversion Rates Skyrocketed Nearly 30%: Customers could easily contact the company while on-the-go and their conversion rates jumped nearly 30%.
• Customer Sales Grew Over 32% with Sales Increasing $32,000: Visitors could effortlessly complete forms from their mobile devices leading to a 32.80% rise in sales with an almost 34% increase in conversion value.
In just a 3 month time period, the chimney service website experienced a huge growth in their overall mobile conversion numbers. The study proves that with the right online marketing partner and a clear strategy for success mobile responsive design can help businesses maintain their online presence while generating more sales.