Big news shook up the online world last week when Google announced that it will now offer higher rankings to sites with a mobile-friendly design. While this change only affects those searches done on smartphones and tablets, the move has many small businesses reeling as they search for a solution. As one of the biggest pushes toward the responsive site design, many are calling this new ranking change “Mobile-geddon.” Sites will rank higher in search results on mobile devices if they offer the readers these features:
• Pages that quickly download onto mobile devices
• Buttons that can be easily seen and selected
• Sites which allow users to scroll up and down through content rather than swiping left and right
Here are some steps to take to help your small business manage this change:
– First, find out more about Google’s ranking changes and what you can do about them by reading their Mobile Guide. It features helpful articles and all the information you need to know.
– You then should find out if your site meets Google’s standards. Take their Mobile-Friendly Test to see how your site fares.
– You’ll want to know how these new changes are affecting you traffic and your profits. Implement a plan to start tracking visitors and conversion rates.
– Business’ need to begin to make their site’s responsive. As clearly shown by Google’s bold move, this trend is not going away. Partner with a professional marketing firm to begin transitioning your current website to a more mobile-friendly design.
Grand Marketing Solutions believes that every small business should consider their needs for mobile-friendly design. For this reason, we have helped countless customers transition their sites to be more responsive to today’s technology. Working within your budget, we can devise practical ways to make your site rank higher both on laptops and on tablets or smartphones.