Marketing guru Matt Cutts recently caused waves when he released an article claiming that the art of guest blogging was dead. He later reframed his position stating that it can be a beneficial practice but shouldn’t be relied on for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes. Calling the world of guest blogging too “spammy”, Matt encouraged his readers to not depend on it alone for their link building strategies. So is guest blogging still relevant today? Read on to learn more.
Below are the pros and cons of accepting guest bloggers on your site.
– High-quality guest bloggers can help strengthen a brand.
– You can attract a more diverse, far-reaching audience to your site.
– Featuring a different writing style, guest bloggers can add interest to your content.
– Collaborating with other bloggers can help you build connections within the industry.
– “Spammy” guest bloggers can actually hurt SEO rankings.
– You lose some control over the content and quality of your posts.
– Too many guest posts can make it seem like you have “checked out” of your blog.
Today guest blogging seems to still be going strong. While there are some pitfalls to avoid, many have found it to be a helpful tool in maintaining healthy traffic numbers while offering interesting, fresh content. If you are unsure if guest blogging can help your site grow, partner with the professional team at GMS. We offer a number of online marketing strategies tailored to fit each of our customer’s unique needs.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation – need hyperlinks here