We all want to live the American Dream. To make it â€œbigâ€ using our own ingenuity, sheer determination and a bit of luck. In the past that meant finding a well-paying job with the right company paying your dues for decades. The new online world though offers many more lucrative and enticing options. Blogging is one of them.
We all see the blog success stories: â€œWoman makes $35,000 a month bloggingâ€ or â€œMan quits his executive job to blog full timeâ€. Who wouldn\’t want to achieve that type of success at something most people find enjoyable â€“ sharing your life with the world? But what paves the roads to these riches? Most use Google AdSense to generate their revenue. While this strategy does provide a source of income, it\’s typically not the live-on-the-beach and buy-a-mansion type of pay. Most need to create other avenues for growth.
Here are four fresh ways to make money on your blog without using Google AdSense:
- Sell a Product â€“ One of the best ways to make money through your blog is by selling a good. This offers the steady stream of income to sustain and even grow your brand. Here are some ideas on marketable goods you could offer:
- Handmade items
- Membership to a monthly newsletter or a special course
- Virtual â€œtoolsâ€ such as forms, documents, guides
- Sell a Service â€“ If you don\’t have a product to sell consider different types of services you could offer. These services could include consulting work, coaching, designing, or anything else under that umbrella. The key here is to discover what those that read your blog would find value in. What problem can you solve for them?
- Partner with Affiliates â€“ Partnering with an affiliate is a great way to stream income through your blog. It involves receiving a commission when others buy a good or service from your affiliate through your site. Typically there is a link for others to click on and it\’s always best to be upfront about your partnership.
- Write Sponsored Reviews or Posts â€“ You can also generate revenue by writing posts or reviews for other companies called sponsors. These sponsorships can work well if you do them right. Follow these guidelines for best results:
- Be clear with your audience that your review or post is sponsored
- Always add a â€œnofollowâ€ tag to the advertiser\’s link
- Provide detailed, quality posts to attract other sponsors
- Make sure the sponsor fits in well with your industry or niche
One aspect of blogging that is always constant is that there are no guarantees. Some bloggers wait years before they begin making any money from their blog. They dedicate countless hours into fostering and growing their brand before the revenue begins to flow. For the best chance at blogging success partner with a marketing company that specializes in blog design and management. A team like GMSÂ can help set the stage for your brand\’s growth online.
Contact us for more informationÂ to learn about our online services or to schedule a consultation.
by Katie Zurawski