Email marketing has been around for decades. You’d think it would be one aspect of advertising that brands would have mastered by now, but there are still countless email mistakes that can be made. While some of them are merely annoyances your recipients often look past, others can wreak havoc on your marketing efforts.
Are you making any of these email mistakes?
1. Unknowingly sending SPAM. Unsolicited emails are never welcomed. Unless you have a specific, verifiable way to determine those who have subscribed to your emails, you’re sending out SPAM. Sending SPAM will only negatively impact your brand’s reputation.
2. Using weak subject headers. Recipients decide if they want to read your email almost instantaneously and make the bulk of their decision off your subject header. Take time to cultivate an intriguing subject header to prompt them to open the email and read your content.
3. Making it difficult for users to unsubscribe. People should easily be able take themselves off your email list, preferably in two clicks or less. And they shouldn’t receive any emails after that. Even though they are gone for now, an easy unsubscribe process makes them more likely to subscribe again in the future.
4. Not tracking your email statistics. Smart businesses know it’s important to use tracking software to measure their email efforts. Open rate, click rate and delivery rate can all offer helpful insight into how well your process is working.
5. Not including a clear Call to Action. The point of any email is to prompt the reader to “take the next step.” If you don’t clearly spell out what that next step is, you are missing out on a huge opportunity. Every good email needs a clear CTA.
Another big mistake businesses make with their email program is not giving it the time and attention it deserves. If you always find yourself short on time and resources partner with a marketing company that can help get your emails to the intended audience. Grand Marketing Solutions is a full-service marketing firm specializing in email marketing services. Our programs include surveys, opt-in newsletters and more. For an email strategy tailored for your specific needs, contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation.