Boasting over 271 million active users and nearly 500 million tweets sent per day, Twitter is a HUGE part of the marketing world. There is no doubt that this social platform cannot be ignored when it comes to your company\’s marketing strategy. But how you interact on Twitter can be just as important as whether or not you tweet every day. Many businesses fall victim to poor Twitter management leaving their results lackluster and their efforts less impactful.
Below are some 5 common Twitter mistakes you could be making.
1. Using every character allowed every time â€“ Just because the site allows 140 characters does not mean you should use the maximum every single time. People want quick, easy-to-digest messages so keep your tweets short and sweet.
2. Not Interacting with Others â€“ For goodness sake, interact with those tweeting about you. This is one of the best ways to build ongoing loyalty while also engaging people who already love your brand.
3. Using Hashtags Too Often â€“ Hashtags can and do serve a purpose but should not be your main content on Twitter. Use them wisely and when they make the most sense. Also make sure to separate them. Too many in one tweet is way too confusing (and annoying too)!
4. Over-tweet a Promotion â€“ Letting your customers know about sales or special promotions is important and soft reminders every now and again is total par for the course but refrain from posting constantly about any given sale or event. This is a quick way to lose followers.
5. Mix Personal and Professional â€“ Leave your tweeting with friends and family on a separate handle. Who wants to read someone\’s personal posts that they are sharing back and forth with a loved one? A little is ok but be careful on how much you allow on your professional handle. It can quickly spiral out of control and in the process losing the voice and brand you have worked so hard to create.
Every tweet you send should be engaging your audience and prompting them to further relate to your brand. If your business could use assistance in making your Twitter account stand out from the competition, contact GMS. We use both digital and print solutions that fit our customer\’s everyday needs. Let us help take your efforts on this popular social media platform to the next level.