In today’s digital age, the way in which you conduct your business online is often the determining factor on how successful (or unsuccessful) you are. And while you may have your eye on the prize in the beginning, letting a few bad habits seep in can quickly lead to the demise of even the strongest of companies. Listed below are 5 surefire ways to kill your online business.
1. Ignoring Customer Inquiries – There is nothing more annoying than filling out a Contact Us form and getting no response. Always answer promptly to customer’s inquiries.
2. Non-working Websites – People see businesses with sites in disrepair as untrustworthy and unprofessional. Keep your website current and make sure to fix any broken links that may be hurting the customer experience.
3. Being Inconsistent – If you manage a blog or have an online social profile, one of the worst things you can do is be inconsistent with your postings. How frequently you post is up to you but, once that frequency is established, keep your postings regular.
4. Poor Customer Service – Don’t get a reputation of poor service, follow-up with complaints in a timely manner and go the extra mile to satisfy your customers. Bad online reviews can be a death sentence especially for new startups.
5. Mixing Personal and Professional Life – While showcasing your personality is typically a good thing, too much can hurt your professional persona online. Facebook and other social profiles should be kept separated along with email and other contact information.
Avoid these common pitfalls to keep your online business going strong and moving in the right direction. Partnering with a professional marketing firm like Grand Marketing Solutions can also help you stay on the right track. We offer our clients a full-range of services covering all of their marketing needs.