Are your profits a little lackluster? Were you expecting big returns on Cyber Monday but only had lukewarm sales figures? If so, your website could be the problem. People are shopping online now more than ever before and you need to be on the top of your game when it comes to site development and design. But where do you begin? Start by looking at the most common pitfalls many sites experience at some point during their existence. By fixing these mistakes, your company can hopefully begin to once again experience greater profits.
Here are five website mistakes that can kill your profits:
1. Pricing Errors – Prices change over time and your site should reflect that. Correcting all pricing errors can be a huge step in the right direction when trying to increase profits.
2. Expensive Shipping Options – Free shipping is becoming an ever-more popular approach to reel in customers. If you simply can\’t afford to offer free shipping, it is important to either offer many options at differing price points or one option that is at a low price point.
3. Lackluster Pictures – Great pictures matter. Most of us are visual consumers especially when we can\’t feel or touch the product like we do in traditional brick and mortar stores. Offer consumers great pictures and lots of them. Provide differing angles of the same product can help them get a better feel for the item.
4. Misguided Descriptions – It is a proven fact that online consumers spend more time on the description than the picture when shopping online. Make sure that each description is accurate and concise. You will also want to use similar verbiage in the same manner throughout the site.
5. Out of Stock Errors – Is your site saying out of stock when you have hundreds waiting in the warehouse? Fix out of stock errors and ensure your quantities are accurate in your web management software.
Evaluating your Current Site
It is important to evaluate your current site from time to time. What\’s the best way to accomplish this – by using an outside perspective. This could be a marketing firm that is trained to look for errors and miscues or even a trusted business partner with experience building their own site. The critical point is to not remain stagnant. An outdated, inaccurate website can be the kiss of death for even the largest of companies.
Need an outside perspective but don\’t know who to turn to? Consider Grand Marketing Solutions for all of your marketing needs both online and beyond. We have experience in website renovation taking our customer\’s websites from mediocre online traffic numbers to soaring visitor conversion rates. Let us help you make your site stand out from the competition and get noticed.