If you are not getting the traffic you had hoped for or are seeing little interest in your posts and site, it may be related to what your content is rather than how your content is written. One of the biggest mistakes writers make when curating content is focusing too heavily on what is current right now. Sure this tactic may see some instant traffic but does it provide a long-term stream of visitors? On the opposite side of spectrum is evergreen content. Content that isn\’t as alluring or â€œhipâ€ but serve its purpose for months if not years to come.
Evergreen Content is beneficial for a number of reasons:
â€¢ Evergreen content is relevant for a long period of time
â€¢ Evergreen content is centered on a singular topic while covering it thoroughly
â€¢ Evergreen content attracts more visitors
Evergreen content may the jumpstart your website needs to get more traffic to your site. But how do you incorporate it into your day-to-day blogging? Below are some popular ways to generate evergreen content.
– Write a Q&A on a popular subject in your industry
– Link products to their manual or instructional pdf
– Use yearly posts on a single topic â€“ make sure to include links to the previous years too
– Post online seminars you have completed on your products or services
– Utilize How-To posts that show the basics of a standard task
– Write â€œRoundUpâ€ posts that curate content from other sites on relevant news
At GMS, our team can help you develop quality evergreen content for your site. We have experience creating sustainable sites that enjoy success over the long term. Contact us to see how our writers can help your company enjoy more visibility online.