Proofreading is one task most professional bloggers dread. It\’s boring, uncreative, and tedious not to mention time-consuming. But, nonetheless, properly editing a piece is a necessary evil. It not only makes your writing easier to read but also presents a polished end product for your readers. Finding ways to increase the efficiency in which you proofread each piece will free up time for more fun, rewarding projects.
Here are eight tricks for making the proofreading process easier and faster:
1. Don\’t proofread a piece immediately after writing it. Step away from it for at least overnight before polishing it into final draft form.
2. Read the content aloud. This allows you to find common word errors and mistakes.
3. Read and edit only cdsa one time but slowly. If you rush through a piece, you often have to return and reread a couple times before its right.
4. Don\’t forget the title. Proofread not only the main piece but also the title, footnotes, and headlines.
5. Read your piece backwards. This allows you to more easily isolate each word for correct spelling and use.
6. Proofreading is best done when you are fresh and at full energy. Try to complete this task during your peak â€œpower hours.â€
7. Although not for everyone, some people work best with a paper copy. Try revising a printed version rather than one on your computer screen.
8. Brush up on grammatical and punctuation skills regularly. This will help you identify missteps more quickly.
Grand Marketing Solutions is a leading marketing firm located in the northern Chicago suburb of Lake Bluff, IL. We offer our clients a wide range of services from social media management to printed advertising materials. We assist companies in furthering their consumer reach through thoughtful marketing initiatives and have a proven record of success.