Podcasts are becoming a great tool for online marketers who want to interact on a more in-depth level with their audience. It has also become a unique way to share new products, focus on particular topics of interest, and even generate revenue. While anyone from small retail outfits to online teachers can find podcasts beneficial, for bloggers it offers an effective two-way communication with the readers which can prove instrumental to their sites overall success.
Here are some things bloggers should know about podcasts:
– Podcasts are great for product discussions, question and answer sessions, guest speaker presentations, and even covering eBook topics.
– Learn the ins and outs of hardware, developing a theme and script, and which software to use by reading this comprehensive article What Do I Need To Do A Podcast? presented by Search Engine Journal and written by Albert Costill.
– Podcasts are a great combination of easy-to-follow video and real-world interaction.
– Make sure to have a plan for each podcast you present. This may include a list of topics to cover along with a time-limit for each bullet point.
– Always allow for interaction and questions at the end of every podcast. It gives your audience a chance to share their opinions while also being able to ask any questions they may have.
Once thought of as a passing fad, podcasting is quickly becoming a mainstay in many quality marketing strategies. If you are a blogger looking to jump into the ring, take time to learn the basics of podcasting first. Then run a few trials to learn the best practices for your unique blog and goals. The final frontier in podcasting is partnering with others to offer unique learning opportunities to larger audiences spanning across multiple platforms.
If your blog isn’t on the podcasting bandwagon yet, contact Grand Marketing Solutions to help get you started? We have a number of online marketing strategies from content curation to social media management. We are proud to provide our clients services for both their digital and print needs.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation