Marketing guru Matt Cutts recently caused waves when he released an article claiming that the artÂ of guest blogging was dead. He later reframed his position stating that it can be a beneficial practiceÂ but shouldn\’t be relied on for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes. Calling the world of guestÂ blogging too â€œspammyâ€, Matt encouraged his readers to not depend on it alone for their link buildingÂ strategies. So is guest blogging still relevant today? Read on to learn more.
Below are the pros and cons of accepting guest bloggers on your site.
– High-quality guest bloggers can help strengthen a brand.
– You can attract a more diverse, far-reaching audience to your site.
– Featuring a different writing style, guest bloggers can add interest to your content.
– Collaborating with other bloggers can help you build connections within the industry.
– â€œSpammyâ€ guest bloggers can actually hurt SEO rankings.
– You lose some control over the content and quality of your posts.
– Too many guest posts can make it seem like you have â€œchecked outâ€ of your blog.
Today guest blogging seems to still be going strong. While there are some pitfalls to avoid, many haveÂ found it to be a helpful tool in maintaining healthy traffic numbers while offering interesting, freshÂ content. If you are unsure if guest blogging can help your site grow, partner with the professional teamÂ at GMS. We offer a number of online marketing strategies tailored to fit each ofÂ our customer\’s unique needs.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation – need hyperlinks here