We have all been there before. While casually browsing to a website, you are suddenly bombarded with an awful noise that you can’t seem to turn off. And of course this happens at the least opportune times – in the office cubicle, on a quiet subway, or with a sleeping spouse next to you. So is there a place for the effective use of sound in the world of web content marketing? The answer is both yes and no. While not every business will benefit from adding this type of media to their online campaigns, others may find this strategy helps them connect with their audience in a unique way while further strengthening their brand. The key to successful sound implementation though is knowing how and when to use it.
5 Ways to Use Sound Effectively in Web Content Campaigns
1. Be purposeful in your sound choices. Carefully consider what each selection adds to the overall marketing message and whether it fulfills that specific purpose.
2. Make it easy for the audience to turn the sound off or adjust the volume.
3. Incorporate a sound bite. These short messages (often 10 words or less) can be a great way to communicate directly with the consumer about your brand.
4. Avoid using copyrighted songs on your site without permission.
5. Allow users to choose what they listen to by including links to music rather than using an autoplay feature. Especially if you are selling a lifestyle product, these links can be a great way for others to gain more insight into your brand’s personality.
As a leading web content developer, Grand Marketing Solutions has proven success in developing strong online campaigns that get results. Working closely with our clients, we assist them in creating programs which engage their audience using media platforms tailored for their needs. Focusing on continued growth, our team can help your business achieve each of your marketing goals.