To be successful at blogging requires a level of dedication to both consistent writing and quality work. For a true procrastinator, maintaining a steady stream of read-worthy posts can sometimes be difficult, if not impossible, to achieve. Distracted easily, they are often in a constant struggle to stay on task. While it may seem like this perpetual cycle will never end, there are some simple, easy-to-implement strategies procrastinators can incorporate into their everyday to make their job as a professional blogger more manageable. Here are some of my top suggestions:
– If you are finding it difficult to stay on task, set a timer and dedicate yourself to uninterrupted work until it beeps. Start with small 10-15 minute increments and increase it up to one hour segments.
– If you work from home, go somewhere else when serious writing is necessary. Visit a coffee shop or the library. It is much easier to concentrate when loads of laundry aren’t calling your name.
– Work when the kids are away. Although it may be convenient to write while the children are at home, they can often pull you away from the tasks at hand. What started as a quick 5-minute break can quickly turn into a complete collapse of the schedule. Hire a babysitter, drop the kids off at Grandma’s, or work while they are sleeping.
– Good ideas often come in waves; sometimes great writing flows easily while at other times it is a struggle to compose even the simplest of sentences. To stay ahead of the game, procrastinator\’s should stockpile posts when inspired.
– Choose a daily super task. Choosing one job that needs to get done each day can help procrastinators work toward a larger goal by breaking it down into smaller steps. Once the super task for the day is complete, procrastinators will often feel accomplished and inspired to take on other chores leading to a more productive day.
If you’re a small business owner looking for a better way to manage your company’s blog, contact Grand Marketing Solutions. Our team is dedicated to writing quality posts tailored to each business’ unique audience. We have experience working with companies both large and small across a number of varying industries.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation