Are you ready to put 2016 in the books? It has been a year of many marketing up’s and down’s. Mobile online shopping and video content both took huge leaps forward while conventional advertising took a backseat. Add in a presidential election and it made for one crazy year.
As 2016 comes to a close, it’s time to look forward to what the next 12 months have in store. Here are the winners and losers you can expect to see in 2017:
• Facebook Live – Winner Video content will be one of the biggest trends in 2017. Facebook Live has continued to gain traction and that momentum will carry them into the new year. Its ease of use and familiar platform will help it rise above the competition.
• Periscope – Loser Although Periscope enjoyed a big splash in the beginning of 2016, its popularity has since fallen. Facebook took a stronghold on the live video market by moving its Facebook Live feature forward. Periscope will have to work harder in 2017 to win brands back.
• Native Advertising – Winner While native advertising is nothing new, you will see it hit new heights in 2017. It will become one of the best ways to get the consumer’s attention and garner greater visibility. While they may have turned off people in the past, these ads will look more visually appealing than ever before.
• Traditional Advertising – Loser Conventional advertising will take an even further backseat as native ads move to the forefront. Consumers want to engage with companies and a standard print ad simply won’t do. See budgeting dollars to these types of marketing tools shrink in 2017.
• Content Marketing – Winner People want to receive greater value in the brands they engage with. Content marketing will be a company’s solution to adding greater value to their advertising. Whether in short form or long, content that hits the mark will help brands build loyalty and trust with the consumer.
Is your brand set for success in the coming year? If not, let the professional team at Grand Marketing Solutions help you stay on top of your game. We offer services to assist our clients in utilizing the marketing platforms that best fit their unique needs. Schedule a consultation with one of our expert team members to begin planning for your most successful year yet.